Feature in our Bookstore
Indie and Self Published authors may be eligible to appear in our online bookstore.
We accept quality work of all genres.
To apply, use the contact form in the first instance. Tell us about you and your book, and link us to reputable reviews. Be sure to read this whole page before applying.
There is a selection process to maintain the standards we guarantee our readers.
‘Anyone can write an inferior work; it takes sacrifice, determination and personal investment to self-publish a seriously good book, particularly a first one. Picture this: spend a year writing a book, believe you’ve written the best book ever, hire a structural editor, then spend another year re-writing and soothing your ego. This is the kind of experience that quality-focussed self-published authors have endured. They deserve to have their profiles lifted above inferior self-pubs who harm the integrity of the industry and make book sales difficult for all. Hawkeye Books proudly showcases independently published books that have passed our quality checks’…Carolyn Martinez, Director, Hawkeye Books
- Professional editing – all self-publishers should be using a professional independent editor and proofreader to ensure their work is of industry standard. (‘I’m an editor, and I still hire an editor for my own creative work’… Carolyn Martinez). If you can’t provide details, we like you to provide a comprehensive book review from an independent critic, or have a high number of reader reviews that we can peruse to decide whether to take the next step and have your book read and reviewed by one of our book-loving volunteers.
- Professional book cover design that conforms to industry standards and complements your genre.
- Book’s dimensions and typesetting are consistent with industry norms.
- Book is well written and error free.
- Superior imagery and book blurbs, and
- That if you have an online author presence, it’s professional.
Please don’t send your physical book to us unsolicited – we’ll let you know when/if to do so.
- Your book showcased in our store.
- Your own author page on our site.
- Your book featured in our member newsletter.
- Ability to use our news and events website pages and social media feeds to promote your activity.
- Half-yearly site statistics.
You may also feature in news articles, blog posts and social media that we write – we actively search for opportunities to promote our authors and books.
Benefits to You:
- Your book’s quality reputation elevated. You will be entitled to use our Vetted by Hawkeye badge on your marketing materials for all titles that we read, review and feature.
- Superior Search Engine Optimisation.
- We don’t take a commission of your sales – as your sales increase, your annual fee remains the same.
- Readers are redirected to your existing sales channel. We do not handle your book or your money.
- Quality public relations material.
- A professional online presence.
- A team actively working to attract readers to independent books.
- Particularly first time authors, or authors averse to information technology, benefit by utilising our site as their author website presence. For one annual fee your website presence is catered for with superior search engine optimisation solving all your headaches.
- Connect more happy readers with more quality books!
- Provide readers with certainty that they are purchasing quality Indie and Self-Published reading.
- Provide authors with an effective, low-cost PR option.
- Keep our book industry buoyant.
Author Hosting Price:
- Hosting fee only ie. no commission on your sales – $150 AU per year.
‘Congratulations on the website, competition and the future plans to assist self-publishers. You are doing an outstanding job to support us all…’Diane Clarke
‘There are a lot of authors out there who need help with search engine optimisation and publicity. Great job..’.Davide Cottone, Author
‘Absolutely love the set-up on your website. CM you got style … This is gonna work…’C T Mitchell, International Bestselling Author
‘Carolyn’s kept pace with the rapidly changing publishing industry. Hawkeye is the perfect place for authors to land….’Lauren Daniels, Director, Brisbane Writers Workshop