Feature in our Bookstore
Indie and Self Published Australian authors may be eligible to appear in our online bookstore.
We accept quality work of all genres.
To apply, use the contact form in the first instance. Tell us about you and your book, and link us to reputable reviews.
There is a rigorous selection process to maintain the standards we guarantee our readers.
- Professional editing – you’ll provide us with your editor’s details. All self-publishers should be using a professional independent editor and proofreader to ensure their work is of industry standard. (‘I’m an editor, and I still hire an editor for my own creative work’… Carolyn Martinez, Director, Hawkeye Books). If you can’t provide those details, you’ll need to provide a detailed book review from an independent critic such as Compulsive Reader or Australian Book Review. If that review is good, you’ll be able to send your book to one of our reviewers for checking.
- Professional book cover design that conforms to industry standards and complements your genre.
- Book’s dimensions and typesetting are consistent with industry norms.
- Book is well written and error free.
- Superior imagery and book blurbs, and
- That you have a professional online presence.
Finally, we’ll need a copy for inspection prior to acceptance. Don’t send your physical book to us unsolicited – we’ll let you know when/if to do so.
- Your book showcased in our store.
- An author interview featured on our blog, and in our social media channels.
- Your book featured in one edition of our member newsletter.
- Quarterly site statistics.
You may also feature in news articles, blog posts and social media – we actively search for opportunities to promote our authors and books.
Benefits to You:
- Your book’s quality reputation elevated.
- Superior Search Engine Optimisation.
- High volume traffic site.
- We don’t take a commission of your sales – as your sales increase, your monthly fee remains the same.
- Readers are redirected to your existing sales channel. We do not handle your book or your money.
- Quality public relations material.
- Connect more happy readers with more quality books!
- Provide readers with certainty that they are purchasing quality Indie and Self-Published reading.
- Provide authors with an effective, low-cost PR option.
- Keep our book industry buoyant.
- Hosting fee only ie. no commission on your sales – $5 AU per month for your book – min term 12 months.
- Sliding scale for multiple books: 2-10 books $10 per month; 11 books or more $20 per month.
- Our bookstore is New! These are introductory fees while we build our catalogue. Get in quick while they stay this low.
‘Congratulations on the website, competition and the future plans to assist self-publishers. You are doing an outstanding job to support us all…’Diane Clarke
‘Absolutely love the set-up on your website. CM you got style … This is gonna work…’
‘There are a lot of authors out there who need help with search engine optimisation and publicity. Great job..’.Davide Cottone, AuthorC T Mitchell, International Bestselling Author
‘Carolyn’s kept pace with the rapidly changing publishing industry. Hawkeye is the perfect place for authors to land….’Lauren Daniels, Director, Brisbane Writers Workshop